The Quality Assurance Performance Tester is responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting performance testing systems and strategies. The Quality Assurance Performance Tester uses problem-solving techniques with a practical and analytical approach to ensure the application works efficiently under changing user load and that no errors reach the end-users. The ideal candidate would possess a complete understanding of End-to-End performance test process and experience on how and when to engage different teams such as Development, ISS or System Architects. The candidate should possess experience using JMeter for performance testing, load testing and stress testing and have knowledge of development languages, libraries and frameworks that are used in building software.
– Works well individually and as a Team Player
– Problem-Solving Expertise
– Communication Proficiency
– Organizational Skills
– Understanding Complex Systems
– Designing Effective Tests
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The type of activities expected to be performed at this level include, but are not limited to:
– Analyze critical business scenarios and understanding the non-functional requirements.
– Evaluating the objectives of the service level agreement.
– Create and maintain performance test plans and scripts.
– Building, maintaining, and supporting performance test environments.
– Conduct performance testing to ensure system reliability, capacity, and scalability.
– Identify/analyze root cause of performance issues and provide corrective actions.
– Work closely with application development teams to troubleshoot issues and determine performance solutions.
– Documenting, tracking, and verifying defects and enhancements.
– Completing tasks within duration and effort commitments.
– Generate test summary reports for management review.
– Develop automated test scenarios in the performance testing environment.
– Suggest new tools and techniques to improve testing efficiency.
– Review and recommend improvements to existing performance test procedures.
– Provide support and/or training to other team members as needed.
– BS/BA required. A degree in Business, IT, Computer Science, MIS, or Finance is preferred. Comparable work experience will be considered.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
– ISTQB certification a plus.
– 5 plus years of software performance testing experience is required.
– Experience with financial applications is preferred.
– Experience with information technology, systems analysis and business applications is preferred.
– Experience with Agile Development methodology a plus.
– Complete understanding of End-to-End performance test process and experience on how and when to engage different teams such as Development, ISS or System Architects is required.
– Experience using JMeter for performance testing, load testing and stress testing is required.
– Strong SQL skills is required.
– Knowledge of development languages, libraries and frameworks that are used in building software is required.
– Experience troubleshooting, analyzing, and resolving complex problems is required.
– Experience analyzing metrics from application and system logs, and simulating system behavior to improve performance and reliability is required.
– Proficiency with latest OS, Microsoft Office products and Defect Tracking Tools is strongly preferred.
– Familiarity in testing web based and Windows based applications is preferred.
OTHER SKILLS DESIRED
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills is required.
– Strong analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail is required.
– Travel may be included in this role. (0-15%)