The Development Supervisor is responsible for both supervising staff level developers as well as hands on development activities that includes moderately complex software applications and/or components of large and complex software applications in a Microsoft development environment.
– Leadership Experience
– Organizational skills
– Time management
– Communication proficiency
– Problem Solving Expertise
– Technical capacity
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The type of activities expected to be performed at this level include, but are not limited to:
– Create specifications and modify software.
– Review, qualify and update software development practices such as unit testing approaches.
– Collaborate with Software Quality Assurance Analysts to ensure software is properly tested and meets requirements.
– Prepare technical documentation as required.
– Provide operational support when required for operational questions/deployments.
– Collaborate with business analysts, and fellow developers to enhance the Savana suite of mortgaging products and BPM framework.
– Provide and accept technical and functional guidance throughout projects.
– Provide thought leadership on application architecture and design by mentoring and assisting intermediate and junior developers.
– Gain a broad understanding of the product architecture and design.
– Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and development practices and sharing information with the development team when applicable.
– Identifies and allocates technical resources (e.g., software development engineers) to client projects within Development. Includes a mix of FTEs assigned to the development organization and resources from other lines of business.
– Forecasts resource needs based on an analysis of both portfolio and projected client spend.
– Maximizes both utilization and profitability of assigned team of resources’ billable time.
– Manages the work efforts of employees with responsibility for performance appraisals.
– A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in computer science or related field is required. Comparable work experience will be considered.
– Possess a development background with 5+ years of management experience.
– Strong technical background of Microsoft technologies
– Solid understanding of software design and architecture
– Experience in either mortgage or business process management is highly preferred (depending on the line of business the incumbent will primarily work in)
– 5+ years of software development experience using Microsoft .Net Framework, C#, vb.net, Microsoft SQL Server/T-SQL, ASP.NET (Web Forms, MVC, Web API) is required.
– Experience developing Windows Services, Web Service and Win Forms applications.
– Comprehend .NET CORE, TFS, Ado.net, OOP concepts, patterns, etc.
– Understanding waterfall & agile methodologies.
– Understand source control software (TFS/ SVN)
– Knowledge of Savana products and services and has experience managing a team that develops financial products sold to a large quantity of clients
– Experience managing teams of people in different locations including offshore
– Skilled in project management, organization, communications, analytical and people skills
– Skilled in leading, supervising and managing effectively under pressure
– Ability to be comfortable interacting with executive level clients
– Analyze client’s business needs and determine related information services support
– Maintain positive working relationship with client
– Manage multiple projects, activities, and problem areas
– Delegate projects to qualified subordinates as appropriate
– Lead, direct and manage effectively
– Operate independently
– Exhibit solid decision-making and problem-solving skills
– Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
– Travel may be included in this role. (0-5%)