The Accountant maintains and controls the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records. An Accountant 1 has a great understanding of financial statements.
- This role requires the chosen to be fully vaccinated (2 weeks after your final dose) to be able to work in the office.
– Financial Background
– Detail Oriented
– Communication Proficiency
– Organizational Skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The type of activities expected to be performed at this level include, but are not limited to:
– Prepare monthly reports and records by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information.
– Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
– Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
– Conducts analysis and reconciliations of general ledger accounts.
– Ensures activity/balances are recorded in conformity with Company policy and U.S. GAAP.
– Processes 401(k) and conducts system maintenance.
– Processes customer billing and is responsible for the collection of Account Receivables.
– Manages Accounts Payable transactions and ensures that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance – policies and procedures.
– Ensures Open Air time and expense records are accurate and reconciled with general ledger system; including billing, collections and reimbursements.
– Is responsible for overseeing the company’s cash-flow management.
Participates in special projects and perform additional duties as required.
– A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is highly preferred.
– Must have at least 1 year of experience in an accounting department with general ledger account reconciliation experience, reporting experience as well as a strong working knowledge of Accounts Payable. Experience with QuickBooks highly preferred.
– Demonstrates skills as a proficient user of client server financial systems, spreadsheet programs, and database programs. Strong Microsoft Excel skills is a must.
OTHER SKILLS DESIRED
– Must have the ability to work well independently, showing initiative, self-motivation, and originality.
– Must have the ability to work well with changing priorities and time guidelines.
– Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal independently with all levels of management and staff.
– Must have proven experience exercising discretion, good judgment, initiative, and originality in performing a broad variety of duties
– Must have proven experience exercising the highest standards of accuracy and precision and be highly organized.
– Must be capable of presenting complex financial information in an easy-to-understand format.