The Senior Project Manager is responsible for planning, managing and coordinating the execution of projects, in line with Savana strategy and approved business case. The Senior Project Manager will manage the projects per contractual agreements set forth with the client concerning targeted outcome (scope), timing, budget, and quality of deliverables. The Senior Project Manager shapes the strategy and methodology for other projects.
- Financial / Banking experience is highly preferred.
- 8+ years of end to end project management in the delivery/deployment of medium to large, complex, enterprise systems and experience in the major phases of a software project: analysis, design, testing, implementation and training, all required.
- Proficiency in Project Management tools (i.e. MS Project)
- Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to delegate, and the ability to work with all levels of an organization – internal and client.
- Exceptional leadership skills, problem solving abilities, and strong capabilities in planning, project financials management, organizing and progress control.
- Dynamic and assertive team player with relentless commitment to motivating, coaching and mentoring team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with executive levels, peers and subordinate.
- Demonstrated ability to manage through detail and task orientation necessary to drive desired outcome.
- Financial and resource capacity.
- Ability and desire to understand a complex, enterprise-class software solution and its underlying components.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical issues.
- Excellent knowledge of customer and service-oriented working and of Savana business processes preferred.
- Self-motivated, client/customer oriented and able to work independently with others
- Travel may be included in this role. (25% – 50%)