– Problem-Solving Expertise
– Technical Capacity
– Communication Proficiency
– Time Management
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The type of activities expected to be performed at this level include, but are not limited to:
– Create specifications and modify software.
– Review, qualify and update software development practices such as unit testing approaches.
– Collaborate with Software Quality Assurance Analysts to ensure software is properly tested and meets requirements.
– Prepare technical documentation as required.
– Provide operational support for questions/deployments, and fix software issues if necessary.
– Collaborate with Business Analysts, and fellow developers to enhance the Savana suite of mortgaging products and BPM framework.
– Provide and accept technical and functional guidance throughout projects.
– Provide thought leadership on application architecture and design by mentoring and assisting level 1 developers.
– Gain a broad understanding of the product architecture and design.
– Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and development practices and sharing information with the development team when applicable.
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent discipline. Comparable work experience will be considered.
– 5+ years of software development experience using Microsoft .Net Framework, C#, vb.net, Microsoft SQL Server/T-SQL, ASP.NET (MVC, Web API/Rest API) is required.
– Preferred skills/experience: developing Windows Services, Web Service and Win Forms applications, Entity Framework (Lambda Expressions), Microsoft Certifications and Oracle PL/SQL.
– Candidate must possess understanding of the software development lifecycle process.
– Comprehend .NET CORE, TFS, Ado.net, OOP concepts, patterns, etc.
OTHER SKILLS DESIRED
– An understanding of the financial technical industry is preferred.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as a Senior Developer will often collaborate in a team setting and preparing documents. Clear and precise communication is essential.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
– Must have the ability to shift priorities as needed.
– Ability to work in a strong team environment, as well as work independently.
– Experience mentoring other team members is highly preferred.
– Understanding waterfall & agile methodologies.
– A Senior Developer may also assimilate into the servicing sector of the business. This requires the Senior Developer to customize the internal product to meet client specifications. In this role, the Senior Developer is the liaison between the client and Savana.
– Communication skills and customer service skills are a must.
– Personal client interaction and occasional travel are included in this role. (0-5% travel)
– High emphasis on defining and building technical solutions and preparing additional documents.