A Senior Developer is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining Savana’s core products: Business Process Management (BPM), Bank servicing system. This position requires a high level of attention to detail, the ability to perform multiple tasks at once, strong organizational skills and mentoring abilities. It is essential for this position to be expert in Microsoft’s Visual Studio Code and other software development tools.
– Problem-Solving Expertise
– Technical Capacity
– Communication Proficiency
– Time Management
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The type of activities expected to be performed at this level include, but are not limited to:
– Create specifications and modify software.
– Review, qualify and update software development practices such as unit testing approaches.
– Collaborate with Software Quality Assurance Analysts to ensure software is properly tested and meets requirements.
– Prepare technical documentation as required.
– Provide operational support when required for operational questions/deployments.
– Collaborate with business analysts, and fellow developers to enhance the Savana suite of mortgaging products and BPM framework.
– Provide and accept technical and functional guidance throughout projects.
– Provide thought leadership on application architecture and design by mentoring and assisting intermediate and junior developers.
– Gain a broad understanding of the product architecture and design.
– Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and development practices and sharing information with the development team when applicable.
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent discipline required. Comparable work experience will be considered.
– 5+ Years of experience with Microsoft Technologies, Entity framework, REST APIs, C#.
– 2+ years of experience with Angular 9+, including components and template creation/modification.
– Experience with TypeScript, Angular Material, and NgRx.
– Thorough understanding of OOP Concepts and common design patterns.
– Will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining and fixing bugs for client core platform.
– Collaborate with other team member and stakeholders.
– Very good communication skills.
– End to end responsibility and communication with client/scrum call.
– Experience in working in an Agile environment.
– Database expertise with SQL Server.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
– Angular 12+
– Oracle and MySql experience
– A Senior Developer may also assimilate into the servicing sector of the business. This requires the Senior Developer to customize the internal product to meet client specifications. In this role, the Senior Developer is the liaison between the client and Savana.
– Communication skills and customer service skills are a must.
– Personal client interaction and occasional travel are included in this role. (0-5% travel)
– High emphasis on defining and building technical solutions and preparing additional documents.
OTHER SKILLS DESIRED
– An understanding of the financial technical industry is preferred.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as a Senior Developer will often collaborate in a team setting and preparing documents. Clear and precise communication is essential.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
– Must have the ability to shift priorities as needed.
– Ability to work in a strong team environment, as well as work independently.
– Experience mentoring other team members is highly preferred.
– Understanding waterfall & agile methodologies.