The Senior Accountant maintains and controls the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records. The Senior Accountant has a great understanding of journal entries and financial statements. The ideal candidate would have experience in assisting in the processing and reviewing of customer billing, collection of Account Receivables; ensuring Sales and Use Tax, Transaction Privilege Tax, and payroll-related taxes were processed properly; able to recognize revenue in accordance with ASC 606. The candidate would possess a minimum of 4 years of cumulative experience in audit and/or an accounting department with general ledger account reconciliation experience, reporting experience as well as a strong working knowledge of Accounts Payable and a strong knowledge of FASB ASC 606 and its application in the SaaS industry.
- This role requires the chosen to be fully vaccinated (2 weeks after your final dose) to be able to work in the office.
– Financial Background
– Knowledge of U.S. GAAP
– Detail Oriented
– Communication Proficiency
– Organizational Skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The type of activities expected to be performed at this level include, but are not limited to:
– Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
– Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures;
– Assist in the preparation for an annual financial audit, including preparing data for third-party auditors and answering questions about same
– Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
– Ensures activity/balances are recorded in conformity with Company policy and U.S. GAAP.
– Assists in processing and review of customer billing and is responsible for the collection of Account Receivables.
– Ensures Sales and Use Tax, Transaction Privilege Tax, and payroll-related taxes are processed properly.
– Ensures Open Air time and expense records are accurate and reconciled with general ledger system; including billing, collections and reimbursements.
– Participates in special projects and perform additional duties as required.
– Prepare analysis of customer accounts as requested
– Monitor customer account details and comply with the MSaas and SOW agreements for the clients when preparing customer invoices
– Recognize revenue in accordance with ASC 606
– Review AR aging to ensure compliance and timely payments
– Follow established procedures for processing Saas billing and PS billing
– A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required.
– Must have at least 4 years of cumulative experience in audit and/or an accounting department with general ledger account reconciliation experience, reporting experience as well as a strong working knowledge of Accounts Payable.
– Demonstrates skills as a proficient user of client server financial systems, spreadsheet programs, and database programs. Strong Microsoft Excel skills is a must.
– Experience with QuickBooks highly preferred.
– Knowledge of FASB ASC 606 and its application in the SaaS industry is a plus.
– Proficiency in Open Air a plus but not required or other time management systems
OTHER SKILLS DESIRED
– Must have the ability to work well independently, showing initiative, self-motivation, and originality.
– Must have the ability to work well with changing priorities and time guidelines.
– Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal independently with all levels of management and staff.
– Must have proven experience exercising discretion, good judgment, initiative, and originality in performing a broad variety of duties
– Must have proven experience exercising the highest standards of accuracy and precision and be highly organized.
– Must be capable of presenting complex financial information in an easy-to-understand format.