As Scrum Master, you will be the hands-on servant leader for your teams, facilitating, communicating, coordinating throughput to our clients. Our Scrum Masters are open, approachable, collaborative, focused leaders and enjoy working with passionate people. They adapt to the fast-changing needs of our clients and support technical, quality and product organizations. They are proactive in solving problems to ensure their teams meet their commitments and value is delivered to clients in a timely manner. They enable self-managing teams, have an Agile mindset, embrace agility as a practice and drive continuous improvement.
– Strong communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills; passionate about continuous learning to help the team evolve
– Ability to work in high-pressure, fast-paced environments
– Strong ability to work with multiple teams as well as varying job proficiencies
– Understand the software development lifecycle
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
The type of activities expected to be performed at this level include, but are not limited to:
– Work with product management, product owners, and business owners to help assure execution alignment for scrum teams and focuses on protecting the scrum teams through the sprint
– Facilitate agile ceremonies through the sprint execution and feature completion for 2-3 scrum / Kanban teams
– Provide clear guidance and execution, while organizing and working through dependencies between teams, partners, vendors
– Act in a proactive and responsive nature, following up with the progress of your teams’ commitments
– Assess the scrum maturity of the team and coach the team to higher levels of growth, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
– Communicate scrum process changes across the organization and work with other scrum masters for common processes and metrics
– Work with a flexible schedule, managing the needs specific to onshore-offshore model
– Must have at least 5 years of experience as Technical Project Manager and/or Scrum Master, of which at least 2-3 years are as Agile Scrum Master / Kanban Facilitator.
– Must have strong, proven experience with Jira and Confluence.
– Must have experience guiding teams on self-organization and self-management in the Agile/Scrum framework.
– Must have a clear understanding of and experience with of the major phases of a software project: analysis, design, testing, and implementation from product backlog to sprint backlog, through development, testing and DevOps deployment lifecycle.
– Previous Waterfall to Agile transformation experience is preferred.
– Previous development/QA experience a plus.
– Bachelor’s Degree in any related field is highly desired.
– Scrum Master and/or Agile certifications strongly preferred
– Jira certification a plus
– SAFe Scrum Master certification a plus
– SAFe DevOps certification a plus
– Exceptional leadership skills, problem solving abilities, and strong capabilities in planning and organizing are required.
– Ability to understand and speak to technical challenges and resolve technical/business impediments by collaborating with teams and leaders across the organization is required.
– Strong negotiation skills, ability to adapt and improve processes, act as a change agent to using and improving agile framework is a must.
– Experience working with teams in the onshore-offshore model is highly preferred.
– Experience in working with clients and partners is highly preferred.
– Ability and desire to understand a complex, enterprise-class software solution and its underlying components is required.
– Financial Services / Banking experience is highly preferred.
– Familiarity with implementing Agile metrics a plus.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization is required.