The Quality Assurance Analyst 2 is responsible for the implementation of software quality assurance processes and procedures for software applications. The Quality Assurance Analyst 2 may assist in establishing software quality standards. The analyst uses problem-solving techniques with a practical and analytical approach. The ideal candidate will possess experience in creating detailed test scripts in JIRA and with API Testing using Postman and Swagger. The candidate should have experience in developing, maintaining and executing test scripts and scenarios on assigned products to assure product quality from a functional and qualitative perspective. Our Quality Assurance Analyst will be on a team that handles last-minute enhancements, hot fixes and regression defects.
– Works well individually and as a Team Player
– Problem-Solving Expertise
– Communication Proficiency
– Organizational Skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The type of activities expected to be performed at this level include, but are not limited to:
– Participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
– Participating in the planning, executing and tracking stages of implementation of software development projects as necessary.
– Providing QA task effort estimates within confidence levels appropriate to the project stage.
– Assisting in analyzing requirements to develop a written test plan.
– Developing, maintaining, and executing test scripts and scenarios on assigned products to assure product quality from a functional and qualitative perspective.
– Building, maintaining and supporting test environments.
– Documenting, tracking, and verifying defects and enhancements.
– Working closely with senior staff members to assist architects, programmers, business analysts, and managers in effectively implementing quality software projects.
– Working closely with application development teams to troubleshoot issues are determine quality solutions.
– Analyzing test results for validity and clarity.
– Providing problem solving regarding QA task issues as well as project and resource challenges.
– Provide support and/or training to other team members as needed.
– Completing tasks within duration and effort commitments.
– Using new skills and strategies to improve day-to-day effectiveness.
– BS/BA required. A degree in Business, IT, Computer Science, MIS, or Finance is preferred. Comparable work experience will be considered.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
– CSQA or CSTE certification a plus.
– 3-5 years of software testing experience is required.
– Experience with financial applications is preferred.
– Experience with information technology, systems analysis and business applications is preferred.
– Experience with Agile Development methodology a plus.
– Proficiency with latest OS, Microsoft Office products and Defect Tracking Tools is strongly preferred.
– Experience creating detailed test scripts in JIRA is required.
– Experience with manually executing test scripts in JIRA is required.
– Experience with automated testing using Katalon is desired.
– Experience with API Testing using Postman and Swagger is required.
– Familiarity with SQL is desired.
– Familiarity in testing web based and Windows based applications is required.
OTHER SKILLS DESIRED
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills is required.
– Strong analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail is required.
– Travel may be included in this role. (0-15%)