A Developer is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining Savana’s core products: Business Process Management (BPM), and Bank servicing system. A Developer must be proficient in Microsoft’s Visual Studio .Net environment and other software development tools to convert business requirements into source code.
– Problem-Solving Expertise
– Ability to work with a team and independently
– Willingness to learn and use new technologies
– Ability to communicate with other developers of varying skill levels
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The type of activities expected to be performed at this level include, but are not limited to:
– Create specifications and modify software.
– Review, qualify and update software development practices such as unit testing approaches.
– Collaborate with Software Quality Assurance Analysts to ensure software is properly tested and meets requirements.
– Prepare technical documentation as required.
– Provide operational support for questions/deployments, and fix software issues if necessary.
– Collaborate with Business Analysts, and fellow developers to enhance the Savana suite of mortgaging products and BPM framework.
– Provide and accept technical and functional guidance throughout projects.
– Provide thought leadership on application architecture and design by mentoring and assisting level 1 developers.
– Gain a broad understanding of the product architecture and design.
– Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and development practices and sharing information with the development team when applicable.
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent discipline. Comparable work experience will be considered
– 3+ years of software development experience using Microsoft .Net Framework, C#, vb.net, Microsoft SQL Server/T-SQL, ASP.NET (Web Forms, MVC, Web API) is required.
– Experience developing Windows Services, Web Service and Win Forms applications.
– Candidate must possess understanding of the software development lifecycle process.
– Comprehend .NET CORE, TFS, Ado.net, OOP concepts, patterns, etc.
– Understanding waterfall & agile methodologies.
– Understand source control software (TFS/ SVN)
– Experience working with low-code platform like OutSystems, Salesforce.
OTHER SKILLS DESIRED
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as a Developer will often collaborate in a team setting and preparing documents. Clear and precise communication is essential.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
– Detail oriented and self-motivated.
– Proven ability to manage multiple tasks at once, strong organizational skills, and shift priorities as needed.
– Ability to work in a strong team environment, as well as work independently.
– Experience mentoring other team members is highly preferred.
– An understanding of the financial technical industry is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
– Occasionally required to stand
– Occasionally continually required to walk
– Continually required to sit
– Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
– Frequently required to talk or hear
– Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception and ability to adjust focus
– Additional remarks regarding work environment: This role is remote/hybrid. Employees should remain diligent to remove/minimize safety hazards while at home and connect with leadership if support to remove/minimize safety hazards is needed
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.