The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for reviewing and analyzing data to identify areas to make changes to improve the efficiency, productivity, and business processes. The primary duty of the Business Data Analyst is to transform data into strategic information that can help to improve the value of the business. Our ideal candidate would possess extensive experience in Developing and managing business intelligence solutions, designing multi-dimensional data models using Power BI or Tableau/ Quicksight & similar business intelligence platforms. The candidate must have proficiency with SQL, Python, Data Visualization BI Tools, Defect Tracking Tools; experience with AWS tools preferred (QuickSight, Athena, Glue, Saigemaker is a plus). AWS Machine Learning Certification is a plus.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
The type of activities expected to be performed at this level include, but are not limited to:
– Developing and managing business intelligence solutions (multiple interactive dashboards to meet the needs of various departments within the company)
– Designing multi-dimensional data models using Power BI or Tableau/ QuickSight or similar business intelligence platforms
– Organizing data points, communicating between upper management and the IT department, and analyzing data to determine the organization’s needs.
– Working with Product and Engineering teams to ensure critical data elements are captured
– Collaborating with Quality Assurance team to test data elements for new product features added and maintain quality on existing dashboards.
– Identifying opportunities for improvement with business strategies and processes
– Developing policies and procedures for the collection and analysis of data.
– Creating and maintaining documentation that includes the design, requirements, and user manuals.
– Presenting data information and solutions to executive leadership through reports and presentations.
– Applying an understanding of basic project management principles. Accurately completing project tasks on a timely basis. Estimating work efforts through a clear understanding of project priority and business purpose, and proactively working to communicate, reduce, or mitigate project risks and issues.
– Strong business acumen, including the ability to understand the impact of one’s recommendations or actions on the greater organization.
– A Bachelor’s Degree is required (Business or Computer Science degree is preferred). Comparable work experience may be considered.
– AWS Machine Learning Certification is a plus
– 3+ years of business intelligence experience preferred
– At least 2 years of experience in an analytics role
– Experience with information technology, systems analysis and business applications is required.
– Proficiency with SQL, Data Visualization BI Tools, Defect Tracking Tools
– Experience with AWS tools preferred (QuickSight, Athena, Glue, Saigemaker is a plus)
– Candidate must possess understanding of the software development lifecycle process
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
– High level of attention to detail
– Understanding of budgeting procedures, methods, evaluation criteria and resource planning
– Strong organizational skills and ability to shift priorities as needed
– Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
– Self-starter and the ability to work independently
– Strong work ethic
– Ability to work in a strong team environment
– Travel may be included in this role. (0-25%)