A Developer 2 is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining Savana’s core products. A Developer 2 must be proficient in Microsoft’s Visual Studio .Net environment and other software development tools to convert business requirements into source code. The ideal candidate would possess a strong background in AWS.
– Problem-Solving Expertise
– Ability to work with a team and independently
– Willingness to learn and use new technologies
– Ability to communicate with other developers of varying skill levels
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The type of activities expected to be performed at this level include, but are not limited to:
– Create specifications and modify software.
– Review, qualify and update software development practices such as unit testing approaches.
– Collaborate with Quality Assurance Analysts to ensure software is properly tested and meets requirements.
– Prepare technical documentation as required.
– Provide operational support for questions/deployments and fix software issues if necessary.
– Collaborate with Product Analysts, and fellow developers to enhance Savana products.
– Provide and accept technical and functional guidance throughout projects.
– Provide thought leadership on application architecture and design by mentoring and assisting level 1 developers.
– Gain a broad understanding of the product architecture and design.
– Learn and understand product configuration and make configuration changes as needed.
– Stay up to date with emerging technologies and development practices and sharing information with the development team when applicable.
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent discipline. Comparable work experience will be considered.
– 3+ years of software development experience using Microsoft .Net Framework, C#, Microsoft SQL Server/T-SQL, ASP.NET (Web API, Windows Services) is required.
– Candidate must possess understanding of the software development lifecycle process.
– Comprehend .NET CORE, TFS, Ado.net, OOP concepts, patterns, etc.
– Understanding waterfall & agile methodologies.
– Understand TFS source control software
– Experience working with low-code platform like OutSystems.
OTHER SKILLS DESIRED
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as a Developer 2 will often collaborate in a team setting and preparing documents. Clear and precise communication is essential.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
– Detail oriented and self-motivated.
– Proven ability to manage multiple tasks at once, strong organizational skills, and shift priorities as needed.
– Ability to work in a strong team environment, as well as work independently.
– Experience mentoring other team members is highly preferred.
– An understanding of the financial technical industry is preferred.