The API Developer 2 is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining Savana’s core products: Business Process Management (BPM) and the Web APIs. A Developer 2 must be proficient in Microsoft’s Visual Studio .Net environment, ASP.Net, Web API and other software development tools to convert business requirements into source code.
– Problem-Solving Expertise
– Ability to work with a team and independently
– Willingness to learn and use new technologies
– Ability to communicate with other developers of varying skill levels
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
The type of activities expected to be performed at this level include, but are not limited to:
– Create specifications and modify software.
– Review, qualify and update software development practices such as unit testing approaches.
– Collaborate with Software Quality Assurance Analysts to ensure software is properly tested and meets requirements.
– Prepare technical documentation as required.
– Provide operational support for questions/deployments, and fix software issues if necessary.
– Collaborate with Business Analysts, and fellow developers to enhance the Savana suite of mortgaging products and BPM framework.
– Provide and accept technical and functional guidance throughout projects.
– Provide thought leadership on application architecture and design by mentoring and assisting level 1 developers.
– Gain a broad understanding of the product architecture and design.
– Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and development practices and sharing information with the development team when applicable.
– 3+ years of software development experience using Microsoft .Net Framework, C#, ASP.NET Web/RESTful API, MVC, Microsoft SQL Server/T-SQL, OOP concepts and SOLID principles are required.
– Experience developing Web Service applications.
– Candidate must possess understanding of the software development lifecycle process.
– Comprehend TFS, Ado.net etc.
– Understanding waterfall & agile methodologies.
– Understand source control software (TFS/ SVN).
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent discipline. Comparable work experience will be considered.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as a Developer 2 will often collaborate in a team setting and preparing documents. Clear and precise communication is essential.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
– Detail oriented and self-motivated.
– Proven ability to manage multiple tasks at once, strong organizational skills, and shift – priorities as needed.
– Ability to work in a strong team environment, as well as work independently.
– Experience mentoring other team members is highly preferred.
– An understanding of the financial technical industry is preferred.